Junior Theater Festival Video Auditions!
Time to audition! Here's how you do it:
- Step 1: Make sure you've submitted the audition form!
- Step 2: Record a video of yourself singing "Oh The Thinks You Can Think" with the nonvocal track.
- Step 3: Record another video of either "Alone in the Universe" or "Biggest Blame Fool" with the nonvocal track.
- Step 4: Using the video below, learn the choreography to "Oh The Thinks" and "Biggest Blame Fool" take a video performing it.
- Step 6 (optional): Take a video of yourself doing any special tricks or stunts you think would add some flair to our JTF performance!
- Step 7: Upload all 4 or 5 videos to the google classroom link below by clicking on the assignment.
Oh, The Thinks You Can Think!
Think of an elephant up in a tree
Think of a person too tiny to see
Think of a bird with a one-feather tail
Going on adventure down a dangerous trail! Aagh!
Think a bird who flies off on a spree
Think of a kangaroo, sour as can be
Think of some monkeys with trouble in store
Think of something horrible and hairy
Something sinister and scary
That you never dared to think of before
Alone In The Universe
They all call me a lunatic
Okay! Call me a lunatic!
If I stand on my own so be it!
'Cause I have wings
Yes, I can fly
Around the moon and far beyond the sky
And one day soon, I know there you'll be
One small voice in the universe
One true friend in the universe
Who believes in me
Biggest Blame Fool
'Twas the Sour Kangaroo!
And the Young Kangaroo in her pouch said,
Why that speck is as small as the head of a pin
A person on that? Why there never has been!
You're the biggest blame fool in the Jungle of Nool
And I don't care who I tell!
Biggest blame fool in the Jungle of Nool,
And I think so as we-ell!
Maybe I'm nasty, maybe I'm cruel
But you're the biggest blame fool in the Jungle of Nool!
Tips & Hints:
- Perform these songs full out to the best of your ability! This is not just a singing and dancing audition, it's acting while you sing and dance!
- Make sure you are filming 4 or 5 separate videos, do not film one continuous clip.
- Make sure you slate at the beginning of each video. (say your name, height, and what you're performing)
- The option of "Biggest Blame Fool" or "Alone in the Universe" is NOT gender specific!
- There shouldn't be additional people in the videos or any background noise. Be sure to be in a well-lit area.
- Watch the videos before you submit them.
- Make sure your entire body can be seen in dance videos.
- Make sure your entire face can be seen in singing videos. If you can, place the camera level with your face.
- The camera should be stationary in your videos.
- Don't be discouraged by the dance moves or notes, go full out and give it your all!