New Spark Teen Council!
The purpose of Teen Council is to amplify the voice of the participants in NSPA programming! TC will provide new perspectives and aid the Artistic Director in making New Spark the best that it can possibly be for all who participate. The teen council will also act as role models in and out of rehearsal as the best representation of New Spark there is.
Responsibilities / Benefits:
- Teen Council will aid the AD in developing rehearsal policies and procedures (to be presented to the board) by providing the perspective of participants in the show.
- Teen Council will aid the AD in merch decisions (t-shirt designs for season/camp shows, wristband design for JTF, etc)
- Teen Council will aid in brainstorming/planning fundraisers.
- Teen Council will aid in camp show selection.
- Teen Council members will be allowed to bring forth new ideas (potential fundraisers, new merch ideas, classes, events, etc).
- Teen Council members will be allowed to skip applications for NSPA leadership opportunities (stage management, music direction, choreography, etc. This will not apply to camp counselor applications.)
- Teen Council will assist the AD in reorganizing and labeling props / costumes / nspa property after every show on scheduled inventory days.
Maintaining Teen Council Status:
- TC members will have to maintain excellent rehearsal attendance and behavior.
- TC members will be expected to stay active socially and up to date on NSPA events and shows. You do not have to participate in every NSPA show to remain on Teen Council.
- TC members will not miss more than 1 meeting and 1 inventory day.
- TC members will have to reapply at the end of every summer.